My Walking Rules.
- Although I have set myself a daily walking mileage, this walk will not be a route march and the distances will vary.
- I will decide the pace on a day to day basis during the walk, I wish to enjoy every moment of this walk and time is secondary to the adventure.
- I will endeavour to walk as close to the foreshore as is safe, legal and reasonable.
- Where possible, the footpath closest to the foreshore will be used and at times this will be over permissive land, roads deemed safe and beaches.
- I will walk in a clockwise direction and start all walks where the previous section ended.
- I may start my walks at more than one location to help with days walked, but they will always be clockwise and no foreshore will be missed.
- I will cross any river or estuary at the first public crossing point, stepping stones, tunnel or bridge.
- I am walking the entire British mainland coastline including Northern Ireland, it will not include all the small Islands at this time. The Isle of Sheppey, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man and Anglesey will be included as part of my coastal walk because I wish to walk them.
- I will record the distance and update my blog as I progress.
- Due to work commitments at the start of my adventure the sections walked will fit into my working pattern.
- I will deal with problems as they arise and please feel free to offer any help or advice that may help me progress.
- My chosen charity is Demelza House Children’s Hospice, so please help me raise some funds for this worthy cause.