Gravesend To Blyth Sands Kent 14
Gravesend's elegant Customs House was built in the early 19th century for the HM Customs and excise service. It sits on the site of the earlier "Fountain Tavern" demolished in 1816. It's most impressive feature is that there is a lookout room built on the roof giving an unrestricted view of the Thames. Today it houses a museum displaying a wide variety of seized goods and historical items, dating back to Edward III.